Friday, January 28, 2011

My favorite time of day, of late, has to be when Charlotte takes her afternoon nap. I call it my "Mommy Fika." "Fika" is the Swedish word for "coffee break." Every afternoon, around 1 p.m. I make a pot of coffee and lay down on my couch with a book until Charlotte wakes up (usually an hour or so). Sometimes I have a sweet treat, sometimes I just have coffee with cream and sugar, but boy, oh, boy do I love that quiet coffee-reading time! Currently I am on my second tour of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. I'm almost done and contemplating reading it a THIRD time. I miss so much because I read through it so fast!

Here. Proof that I am a real human being, separate from my baby :)

Tomorrow the three of us are taking a trip to Appleton, Wisconsin for Starbuck's, Target, Old Navy, mall walking, Famous Dave's, and who-knows-what-other-adventures!

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading through HP again, too, only I am stuck at book 4, while T finishes up book 5. She will not let me pass her, and like a good mom, I have refrained (though I admit, I paid her $3 to let me finish book 4 before she did). Anyway, if you think your Fika is good now, wait until Charlotte curls up in the living room with a book of her own, and she doesn't want to get up for dinner either. When my girls and I (sometimes Al)are all reading, fireplace glowing, all seems right with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day in Appleton sounds more exciting to me than reading a book!...especially Famous Dave's
    And...I didn't raise you to relax with a cup of coffee..what's wrong with a bowl of popcorn and a Diet Coke?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Starbucks, Target and Old Navy with you!!! I miss you!!! Also, mommy fika sounds WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete