Tuesday, November 9, 2010

So many things have been happening in the life of our little Charlotte lately. But first I'm going to tell you about me and Kyle, because, really, we hardly tell anyone about ourselves anymore. On Wednesday Kyle and I celebrated our third anniversary. It seems way longer than that. Kyle surprised me with breakfast- a Weight Watchers frittata! Isn't he the best? And later that evening our friends, Chuck and Jane, watched Charlotte while we went to the Station in town for drinks, snacks, and games with our wedding album. It was really, really fun. And then we came home and watched our wedding video.




In other news, I (Jenny) have now lost 18.4 lbs. on Weight Watchers and am just 10 lbs. away from my goal weight again! Hooray!

And. I'm not sure we've ever said this on the blog, but it seems to be common knowledge... Kyle has been accepted to North Park Seminary and will start classes next fall! We will be moving to Chicago probably at the beginning of next summer. We are so excited for new things in our lives, but also a little sad to leave camp and our church and our friends here.

Okay, okay. Here's Charlotte.

She has really been into playing in the exersaucer lately. All she ever wants to do is stand up and has little interest in sitting. She displays this by making her body totally rigid and unbendable when you try to pull her up to a sitting position or set her down in a chair. So. The exersaucer is the perfect toy.



Even to sleep in.


We bundled up to take a walk around camp and I thought Charlotte looked like she should be in a Gap ad.



Kyle has started giving her baths now as part of her bedtime routine and she LOVES it. When I was giving her baths once a week in the mornings, she did not love them. Mostly she had a look of mild tolerance on her face, but sometimes she would cry. Now, with daddy, she kicks and splashes and laughs and laughs. It is so fun to watch.



On Sunday I put her in this cutie dress from her Auntie Megan. I had tights for her to wear but they have always been and still are enormous, so I decided to take them in and now they fit and look so cute. Charlotte decided that eating her dress might be tasty.




And today, TA DA, Charlotte ate rice cereal for the first time! Now, not really for the first time. We tried to give it to her a couple of weeks ago... our doctor has suggested it at the last couple of appointments because of Charlotte's strong trunk control and her eating fussiness (now solved by the new bottles!). At that trial she spit much of it out and was all hunched over in her Bumbo seat. Today, however, she actually ingested some solid food! She probably ate a good two or three tablespoonfuls of cereal. It was a disgusting mess, but so cute. And I'm so glad that she knows what to do with a spoon in her mouth now. She was actually getting a little frustrated, waiting for the next bite to come and when I would bring the spoon to her mouth, she would open her mouth and wait for it.


After lunch, Charlotte and I went for a walk around camp to visit Kyle. When she first wore that yellow hat this summer, I had to take the hat in and take the chin strap up because it was so gigantic on her. I let the hat out a few weeks ago and today I finally let the chin strap down and I think this might be one of the last times she wears it :( Sad, because she looks so dang cute in it.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the newsy update. I know you will be sad to leave camp, but we will be excited to have you all so close by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your life. I love Charlotte but, I still like to hear and see what's going on with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bath photos and the big eyes, but my favorite is the exersaucer...you can really see her personality shining through!

    ReplyDelete