Wednesday, February 25, 2009

John Bingham said it would happen.

He said that you eventually would have to CONVINCE yourself to rest on rest days. That you would need to talk yourself out of running. That you would eventually REALLY want to run, but have to stop yourself for the good of your body.

It happened.

Five weeks in.

I had to do strength training yesterday, on one of my rest days, just so that I wouldn’t run and could feel like I had done SOMETHING.

I am IN LOVE with running.

Something else I’m in love with?

Personal training.

I can see myself becoming SO annoying. Not being able to stop myself from saying things like, “Uh, you really should be doing 12 reps with that weight because your red fast twitch motor units aren’t functioning optimally with 10.”

No comments:

Post a Comment