Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On Monday, our day off, we went to Appleton, Wisconsin. We pretty much stuck to the mall area. First, we went to Chipotle. While we were eating our burritos and chips and guacamole, Kyle said, "Do you ever just look around at the rest of these people and think, you have no idea." As in, you have no idea what it's like to not have Chipotle whenever you want.

Then, we went and registered at Babies R Us. It was really fun.


I found these little bear booties. And bought them, obviously.

I also found some "Preggie Pops." And bought them also, obviously.

Kyle found lots of crab toys. We didn't buy them, but we did register for them. So, you could buy them.

After registering, we went to Starbuck's (for the first time) and then walked around the mall, where we purchased an air freshener for our car, a new Nalgene bottle for me, and some sunless tanning lotion (which is gradually changing my life).

Then, Kyle took me to Famous Dave's for dinner. I had never been there before, but I will never go anywhere else. We got the "Feast for Two," which is a sampler of all the good things at Famous Dave's and is served on an upside down garbage can lid. It was soooooo good.

Not so sure about the Feast at first, but we had it all over for lunch the next day! I'm sold!

After Famous Dave's, I drove home- so we stopped at Starbuck's (for the second time) where I discovered (and I don't know how I missed it the first time) that they have a dark cherry mocha- my favorite flavor combination! I got it and it was HEAVEN.

Overall, a great day off. We had so much fun, delicious food, and we even got a little exercise walking around the mall!

3 comments:

  1. How much fun is all of this? There is a Famous Daves two miles from our house you know, and Starbucks is a strip mall away, 2 more blocks and you are at Babies R Us (Target is 1 block). Vernon Hills is a mecca for the UP Mechers! Stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUNLESS TANNING LOTION?????? You ARE my daughter! I am so excited that you are addicted to having color, like me. Sunless tanning lotion gets me through the winter. I hate the smell of it. I have tried spray on bronzers, too. They work great but, it requires Billy to do the spraying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenny: what about red lobster!?!?!?!? also: i love this blog post. it made me laugh so much!!

    ReplyDelete