Saturday, October 31, 2009

Holy cow, is it Halloween today, or what? The weather in the UP couldn't be more Halloween-y. It's kind of cold and super windy, so all the dry, dead leaves are whirling around on the ground.

SO, today I went to the Pasty Corner on the way home from the grocery store for a little treat. I had two dollars in my wallet, so I figured I could get a few pasty nuggets (35 cents a pop- what a deal!). So, I went in and asked the guy if they had pasty nuggets today (you have to ask if they have EVERYTHING besides regular pasties before you order because they run out of everything) and he checked and said they had about nine left. I said I'd take five and ran out to my car to get some change to cover the rest of my bill. When I came back in, he handed me the bag which seemed very full and heavy for five pasty nuggets. When I got in the car, I checked and he had given me all the rest of the nine pasty nuggets and only charged me for five! What a great day!

I haven't been sleeping very well the past couple of days--- I think it might be because I haven't gotten back into a workout routine since the marathon and my body hates me. Needless to say, I'm really sleepy today, so I think Kyle and I, maybe Colby, are going to stay home and carve pumpkins, eat mini-fall-Reese's peanut butter cups and caramel apple slices, and watch The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown tonight. What a great Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. ok it's really good to know that you haven't really been running either! i have gotten in a 2 miler here and there at the gym, and in boston it was like 2.3...but nothing beyond that. i really want to go longer, but i'm really nervous!

    ReplyDelete