Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday.

A friend of mine gave me the idea to write five things that I'm thankful for. It's a good practice for me... sometimes I get a little whiney.

1. I'm thankful for Kyle. I think most of you can not even fathom how nice to me he is- how many times he does all of our laundry from start to finish and never complains that I didn't help, how every night before we go to sleep he says, "If you need anything, wake me up, I'll be right here," how every time we come home from out of town he unloads the entire car while I stay warm inside. He is too wonderful.

2. I'm thankful for my church. It was a bumpy start to our relationship, as it was really hard for me to move here, but the people at my church are probably my favorite part about living in Iron River. And when I think about ever moving away, I think leaving them will make me the saddest. I've been more surprised, welcomed, blessed, fed, and challenged by them than by any other group of people.

3. I'm thankful for my job. It's been a long search to find- not even something that I love, but just a job that I didn't hate. And now I feel like I have my dream job for the moment. The people I work with are my family and I get to use so many different gifts from day to day and learn so many new things and do something that I really feel matters in the world.

4. I'm thankful for extras that I don't deserve. I'm thankful for a silly thing like satellite tv at the beginning of a long winter. I'm thankful for getting $15 jeans at J. Crew yesterday. I'm thankful for good books and flu shots and raspberries being on sale and extra pasty nuggets for free and getting to bring a sick cousin an apple pancake. Thank you God for all of the little gifts that I don't deserve.

5. I'm thankful for having a God in my life who knows me and loves me and makes me grow into a better person every day... who looks at me and my whiney-ness and my laziness and my meanness and loves me anyway because He knows what I can be and what He wants me to be and what I will be.

Thank you God. You are TOO good to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this list. One of my favorite parts was Kyle and what he says to you at night, if you need anything let me know. I LOVE THAT! Thanks for sharing Jenny! I love keeping up with you like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post.
    i forgot to tell you how much i loved seeing you run the marathon!
    SO proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete