Saturday, October 3, 2009

Below are some pictures from our vacation to Chicago several weeks ago. As usual, Kyle and I were not so good at taking pictures. And again, we spent an entire weekend with Nikki and Ryan without taking any pictures. We just have too much fun together to stop and take out our cameras, I guess.

On Tuesday, Kyle and I biked to Roscoe Village and read at my favorite Starbuck's. Here I am looking deliriously happy. Afterwards we went to Red Robin (Yum!) and Tre Kronor (for dessert. and Joe. and Kassi.) with Megan and Scott.


On Wednesday, Kyle, Lynn, and I biked to the Green City Market in Lincoln Park. It was awesome- one of my favorite things we did this week!




On the way home, we stopped at Sweet Mandy B's (Yum again!) for some treats.


Later that night (I think) the boys helped Lynn make sugar cookies for the other boys (Caleb and Jackson).




On Thursday I did my 20 mile marathon training run. It was pretty fun. We found a really nice route that took me through Old Irving Park, past Lane, through Roscoe Village, and along the lake. The last couple of miles were brutal. I could barely pick up my legs to get them over the curb- if it wasn't for Kyle, I'm not sure I would have finished!



Ah, Starbuck's. I wanted to stop, but I kept on runnin!


Just a few buildings down, Lynn and Colby DID stop for breakfast at Kitsch'n- yum yum!


When I made it back to the Mecher's I sat in a bathtub of ice for 20 minutes, ate an entire beach club from Jimmy John's and took as 1 1/2 nap. All of those steps saved my life, I believe, and I will definitely implement them on marathon day... in just EIGHT DAYS! AHHHHHHHHH!

The rest of our vacation was really great. That weekend we drove to Nikki and Ryan's in South Bend and then drove to Cedar Point. Kyle was SO EXCITED for this part of our vacation. We went on our first roller coaster, the Millenium Force, Kyle put his arms in the air, and just over the first drop, his right shoulder popped out for the fourth time. I hated the coaster and was holding on for dear life the whole time, so I didn't notice anything was wrong until the ride was over. Poor Kyle rode the whole roller coaster like that! We ended up having to go to the emergency room and once we survived the kooky EMS people at Cedar Point, the ER in Sandusky did a great job of getting that arm back in quickly and Kyle seems to be recovering really well.

At some point, we celebrated my sister, Katie's EIGHTH birthday! Holy cow! I can't believe she's EIGHT! She got her ears pierced for her birthday and was so cute about getting tons of earrings for her birthday. I love my Katie and Ben!

I also stopped and visited Grandma Mary and spent some time with Aunt Marylin and Uncle Ken- so fun! Aunt Marylin changed my life by introducing me to "0 point" yogurts and "1 point" Hostess snack cakes on that visit!

The final stop for our vacation was at the hospital to see our new nephew, Emmett!

He's so precious. And Courtney looked fabulous! I hope I look that good after I have babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment