Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Total Weight Watchers weight loss: 20 lbs. and I met my 10% weight loss goal and got a tacky brass keychain!

Also, on my run before my meeting I got my mile pace down to 10:27! That is crazy! In the last 2 weeks I’ve shaved 37 seconds off my pace! I keep trying to slow down and take “easy” runs, so I don’t get injured, but every time I finish a run, I look at my average pace and it just keeps getting faster and faster. It’s so crazy- like I’ll try to do these INTENSE hill runs, and my pace will still have 10 seconds knocked off of it at the end! I just can’t slow down!

Last night at clinicals, my partner and I got to help with tub baths (helping the residents take baths in these cool bathtubs that have doors on the front). It was so fun, and after one of the baths I got to take a resident to the beauty parlor and put her hair in rollers and set her under one of those old-fashioned helmet dryers. She sat in her wheelchair, getting her nails done by my partner and sipping coffee- she was so sweet!

I have strangely found that since I’ve started cna classes and clinicals, subbing at the elementary school is SUCH a joy for me. I really like being at school. This is very confusing, because I’ve really felt called to this cna business, but now I really like teaching, which I never really did before. And, even if I did decide teaching was for me, there is very little hope of me getting a teaching job here. If you think of it, maybe you could pray for me- just that God would make clear what it is He wants me to do, and if it’s teaching to provide a miracle in the form of a teaching job.

No comments:

Post a Comment