Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Reading

This weekend, inspired by my friend, Cydney, we decided to fix up Charlotte's room. It's a little small and her furniture was taking up most of her space. We decided to move her dresser into the closet to make more room for playing. We ended up creating this little reading corner, which Charlotte LOVES and sits and reads in all of the time.




We also, inspired by my friend, Jenny, headed over to the Albany Park library- which is AWESOME- yesterday and signed Charlotte up for the summer reading program. She has to have 25 books read to her by August 4 and she'll receive a little book bag. We picked up a new Knuffle Bunny, or "Trixie" book (as Charlotte calls them) and another of Charlotte's favorites, Skippyjonjones. She is loving reading!


5 comments:

  1. Our favorite book was always "Asleep in a Heap". See if they have that one. Summer reading programs are the bomb. In Park Ridge when you finished you got coupons for free things in town.

    Good cheap fun!! The room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that tree and stuffed chair for reading are adorable! What a cute reading corner! Happy reading, Charlotte. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I just noticed this! I have not been in "blog mode" lately. So sorry! Thanks for the shout out, and I really love Charlotte's little reading corner! I too moved the dresser into the closet. Best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete