Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Mom Fika's have taken a turn for the better. I'm trying something new, but I read on a friend's blog once about sharing your goals before you complete them and how it can sometimes satisfy the desire to complete them at all, so that's all I'll say. I'm trying something new.

But this "something new" has led me to wandering some really amazing blogs of writers involved in (in)courage. I happened upon The Simple Mom, who recently started something called "Project Simplify"- a five-week plan to declutter, clean, and organize based on Tsh Oxenreider's book, Organized Simplicity, which I will hopefully be purchasing soon. I'm a week late, but I'm going to give it a whirl. I love decluttering and in the wake of my first, serious, grown-up move, I'd really like to simplify my life. Plus, it involves before and after pictures, which I love. Each week Tsh designates a "hot spot" to tackle and last week's was your wardrobe and closet. Here's the link, if you'd like to join. She has some really great guidelines and I'm excited to marvel at my very clean closet in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. What's a Fika? and how are they mine?

    Simplifying is a great idea. It was hard to declutter when we moved from Chicago. But, every now and then I go through another tub of knick knacks that I have in storage from the other house and I actually make a decision to donate it. It makes you realize how many millions of dollars we spend just to spend...clothes decluttering really makes you realize it. Buying stuff actually robs you of wealth. Good for you Jenny..sounds like a great project. Make sure you box things to donate rather than throwing things away that you are done with...God doesn't like waste...ie:the loaves of bread and fish story.

    ReplyDelete